Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Delicate Brain

In our trip to Decorah Middle School, I had no idea what to expect from the speaker we were about to listen to for an hour long.  Now, that I am use to some of my lectures at Luther College I was afraid that it might be a long hour.  To my surprise it was quite the opposite.  The lecturer was very enthusiastic and was very interested in her topic.  Some students said that it was too childish, or too exciting.  But can someone be too enthusiastic?

I don't think so.  When I look back to the classes that I enjoyed the most in school.  They were the classes that I tried the hardest at.  But what made these classes fun to participate in, well the teachers were excited to teach.  As teachers we must show our excitement for the subject because teaching should not feel like a job, but a privilege for the chance to effect lives of many young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment