Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Economic Issues

As a concerned citizen of the United States, I felt that I needed to learn more about this crisis that has hit our nation.  Luther college held a panel discussion, concerning these enconomic hard times.  They said that many organizations are jumping into large of a debt where they will have a difficult time getting out of the mess.  Why does this affect me as an educator.

Well, when I do graduate from Luther College I will be left with an enormous debt, but I will also be left with a degree that should help me get a job.  Now that many organizations are in debt and many bailouts are getting paid out, this means there will be less money for education.  Even if some of the stimulus gets to the schools, it will have to be paid back sooner or later.  This will put many schools in a possition of consolidating and/or laying off teachers.  Many students should be a little frightened that they might have trouble finding a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment